Thursday, July 18, 2013

Divergent

After much prompting and obsessive nagging from my friend to read Divergent, I am NOT disappointed.  It is another perfect YA book that will go down in history with the Hunger Games.  To start my review I have to praise the creativeness of the plot and setting of the book, a dystopian society spilt into five fractions that are based off what each sector believes it.  Candor are the honest, Abnegation are the selfless, Dauntless the brave, Amity the peaceful, and the Erudite the intelligent.  When they turn sixteen, the children of one fraction are given a test then choice what fraction they want to live in and maybe leave their family.  Beatrice (Tris) is forced to make this choice and mets some new friends and maybe even more on the way.  The book is eloquently written with tons of plot twists and a great theme and message.  I loved it so much, the suspense was great and the book was just amazing!!! 10 out of 10!! 11 out of 10! I loved it and can not wait for the next book.
(by the way, the movie of this book comes out in March of 2014!!!!)



No comments:

Post a Comment