Friday, September 20, 2013

Lux Series: Origin

I believe I am in a love/hate relationship with Jennifer Armentrout.  I love her because of her amazing talent for fantasy and romance books, I hate her because I have to wait like eight month for the next book to come out.  A recap for those who don't remember at the end of book 3, Opal, Daemon, Beth, Dawson escape Mount Weather after Blake betrays them.  But, to most of the readers deep sadness, Katy is taken prisoner!!  At the beginning of Origin, Katy is in the hands of the DOD and Daemon will do anything to save her.  (Spoiler alert) I absolutely love the way Jennifer Armentrout didn't have the separated for long, I was really worried we wouldn't get a lot of Daemon and Katy time.  I was happily surprised by the emotional weight of this book, especially in the end.  Jennifer really knows how to balance the romance and the adventure.  I also enjoyed the way she incorporated Hunter from Obsession and explained Luc.  I won't spill too much, but there are a lot of surprises I did not see coming, and a lot of parts that made me swoon.  My only complaint is that I found the ending to be a bit vague, I didn't completely understand it, but I guess there is a reason behind it!  After months of waiting this book not only reached but exceeded my expectation and left me begging for more.  9.5 out of 10!  Well done, I can not wait for Oppositions!  <3


No comments:

Post a Comment