Saturday, May 4, 2013

The Goddess Test

I started reading this series a while ago and only recently finished up the series because the last book came out.  The series in general was a very interesting theme, a modern twist on the story of Persephone.  Henry is your run of the mill broken hearted depressed male character, pretty lovable at times, and you want to punch him at other times.  The first book was really good, I enjoyed the twists and mystery.  After that, well, I think it went down hill pretty quick.  I mean, I love the plot of the second and third, but in the second one, Kate is kind of whiny and annoying about Henry still loving Persephone.  But I got to give Aimee Carter props for the ending of the second one.  I have one thing to say out that, wow, amazing cliff hanger.  It left me literally begging for more.  And, around a year later (ug I hate waiting for books) more came.  It was pretty good, not amazing, but not bad at all.  The ending was pretty good, so I suggesting reading the series.  Not one of my favorites, but pretty good.
7 out of 10 for the whole series.
8 out of 10 for The Goddess Test
6 out of 10 for The Goddess Interrupted
7 out of 10 for The Goddess Inheritance

                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment