Thursday, May 2, 2013

Existence Trilogy

This book is a hard one to review, because usually I am gushing about how much I love a series, and this one eh, not so much on the love factor.  I can't fairly review all of them as a series only because some books are better than others, so I am reviewing each individually first.

Existence
Your average love at first sight but you can't be together for one reason or another paranormal romance.   I enjoyed the whole he is literally Death part, that was pretty interesting, but how she becomes obsessed with him a a bit frightening to say the least.  And the whole time I just wanted to yell at her "BE WITH LEIF! HE IS SO SWEET" but she went for the bad boy.  I also was so annoyed when she started crying and freaking out because she can't be with Dank, I mean come on, I know you are "in love" but thats near craziness.  I expected more out of this book, though I am a fan of "Yet you stay" its a good song.  Anyways, this was kind of disappointing in my opinion though if you love the whole "girl is dependent on guy for happiness" thing, this is a good book for you.  Me, I like it when the main female character isn't that wimpy.  Oh well, book number one is a 3 out of 10.


Predestined 
Better, not amazing, but better.  I liked the whole Leif is an evil voodoo prince thing, very creative.  I enjoyed the romance between Dank and Pagan a little more now, though it was still a little obsessive.  I really didn't like how possess he was though, it was creepy not cute.  And it got a little to… sexual for my taste in this book (warning it is PG 13 at least).  I liked the plot of this one though, and it was a big step up from the last one, a lot of more shocks and twists.  4 out of 10. 



Ceaseless 
Finally, what I have been waiting for! Better, much better.  Though I was kind of confused with the transition between Predestined and Ceaseless (make sure you read the first few pages closely), I liked this one a lot.  She was to pick between Death and the soul she was meant to be with while she has no memory of her love for Death.  Much better than the last two, I am proud of Abbi Glines.  But watch it again, it gets PG 13 (more R rated) in some parts, mostly the end.  But better, 6 out of 10.  



No comments:

Post a Comment